78. Ides of October 2022: Amelia
Red Hefeweizen 4.6%
In the fridgeBUY NOW
From the tale end of World War 1 in 1917 through the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 to the summer of 1919, a young Nurse’s Aide from Kansas, working at the Spadina Military Hospital on U of T campus, spent a great deal of her free time with her sister, watching young Royal Flying Corps pilots practice their manoeuvres above the airfields in Leaside and Armour Heights. It was here in Toronto that Amelia Earhart developed a passion for aviation, becoming the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, an international celebrity & feminist icon, a best-selling author, close friend of First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt and one of the founders of The 99s, an organization for female pilots.
- OG: 11.3
- IBU: 20
- SRM: 18
- Carbonation: 2.70 Volumes (high)
- Malts: Pilsner, Wheat and Caramunich III
- Hops: Saaz, Tettnanger
- Yeast: Escarpment Labs Weizen I
- Other: Hibiscus flowers
- Appearance: Cloudy Amber with flecks of rose red. Long-lasting light beige head.
- Aroma: Clove, oven-fresh banana bread, baking spice, floral spicy hops, berries, tart hibiscus
- Taste: Banana and clove-forward, slight breadiness, tart hibiscus, mild spice, finishing fairly dry.
- Mouthfeel: Light bodied, round, tingly effervescence lifted by high carbonation.
- Overall impression: Traditional wheat beer with a twist of hibiscus adding additional character and complexity, very satisfying and super easy to drink.