Inspiration Point Brew 001
Session IPA 4% ABV
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The first in a series of quarterly brews (this one brewed in collaboration with our friends over at Rainhard Brewing) showcasing a variety of beer styles, this is NOT your ordinary session IPA. Pre-chilling the whirlpool before adding the hops minimizes bitterness, allowing for a focus on the citrus character of the hops, and oats make for fabulous mouthfeel and an easy-drinking, flavourful light beer experience.
- OG: 10 Plato
- IBU: 0 (see note)
- SRM: 4
- Carbonation: 2.4 volumes (medium-low)
- Recommended Glassware: Anything but a shaker pint!
- Malts: Pale, flaked wheat, flaked oats
- Hops: Motueka and Mandarina Bavaria, added during the pre-chilled whirlpool and two separate dry hop additions
- Yeast: Vermont Ale yeast
- Extras: Five pounds of fresh lime zest was added to the whirlpool as well
- Aroma: Fresh cut lime, citrus oil, over-ripe melon, basil.
- Appearance: Straw-coloured. Hazy to the point of being opaque. Fluffy white head leaves some lacing in the glass.
- Taste: Lemon/lime flavour upfront, followed by a bright fruitiness and a touch of bitterness and a herbaceous note. Finishes with a soft, refreshing quality encouraging another sip.
- Mouthfeel: Medium low carbonation and medium body, feels fullish especially for a session beer. Mouthfeel imparts a certain roundness without feeling cloying.
- Overall Impression: A fruit-forward, highly drinkable light IPA.