85. Ides of May 2023: Voyageur
Toronto-based creator Jowi Taylor’s emotionally moving project, Six String Nation, explores the diverse, celebratory and sometimes troubling narratives of Canadian history, geography and multicultural identity as it tells the stories of Canada as you’ve never heard them before. A one-of-a-kind guitar called Voyageur contains and amplifies these stories, providing fascinating insights into what it means to be Canadian. Those who encounter the guitar find themselves reflected in the materials from which it is made, the many hands that have held it for portrait sessions, and the many stories that bring it all to life.
Not unlike Voyageur, this delicious, refreshing, and extremely crushable citrus wheat beer is made with 100% Ontario ingredients (aside from the lime, lemon and orange zest) including hops from Backroads Hop Farm and yeast from Escarpment Labs.
To find out more about Six String Nation: the story of the guitar, its travels, the live events, and the photographs taken along the journey, visit Sixstringnation.com
- OG: 12.5
- IBU: 12
- SRM: 4
- Carbonation: 2.4 (Medium Low)
- Malts: Pale 2-Row, White Wheat Malt, Flaked Wheat, Acidulated
- Hops: Magnum, Triple Perle
- Yeast: Esc. Labs Fruity Wit
- Other: Lime zest, lemon zest, orange zest
- Appearance: White-yellow, very hazy with a thin white head
- Aroma: Lemon peel, clove, coriander, banana
- Taste: Lemon zest, crackery malt, banana and clove. Wheat character is present, almost no hop flavor is perceptible.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied, moderate carbonation, extremely smooth from start to finish.
- Overall impression: A delicious, refreshing wheat beer for summer monthslifted by a range of citrus zests in a style that celebrates Ontarian and Canadian ingredients. Extremely crushable and satisfying.