Fetchez La Vache 5: Cowabunga!
Packing for the journey is very important: six pairs of trunks, two boxes of wax, some modern sounds &, in case of injury, some hamsters and elderberries. So many cows, so little time to determine the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow. Catch a wave and you’re sitting on top of the world.
For the 5th iteration of Fetchez la Vache, we took our “12km Up the Hill…” Old Ale and popped it into our rye barrels to age for 5 months; giving it time to soak up the flavours, yet still keep it balanced. This brew is a rich tasting, malty English ale with notes of oak and rye whiskey enhancing the experience.
We only made 60 cases of this special brew so be sure to try it before the cows determine the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow! Fill your goblet with this tres delicieuse rye barrel-aged old ale & then please permit us to cheers in your general direction.
- OG: 21 P
- IBU: 30
- SRM: 27
- Carbonation: 2.40 Volumes (Medium)
- Malts: Pale 2 Row, Vienna, Oat Malt, Crystal 120, Carafa Special III, Pale Chocolate
- Hops: Magnum, East Kent Golding
- Yeast: English Ale
- Appearance: Black with a thin tan head
- Aroma: Toasty oak, treacle, raisins, toffee, figs, rich malt, earthy, spicy, herbal
- Taste: Caramel, toasty malt, stone fruit, dates, mild smoke, oak tannins, rum
- Mouthfeel: Full bodied with a creamy carbonation, drying tannins in the finish
- Overall: A rich, malty English ale with notes of oak and rye whiskey enhancing the experience