Tropical Sour 3.7%
Not everybody enjoys the heat, but everyone can agree that the dog days of summer are infinitely better when we’re close to a body of water & have a cold, thirst-quenching beverage in hand.
So take a trip off the mainland & refresh your face off with this light, lushly aromatic & juicy serving of tropical tang, brewed with passionfruit, guava, pineapple & citrus zest.
- Style: Fruited kettle sour
- OG: 10 Plato
- IBU: 8
- SRM: 3
- Carbonation: Medium-low (2.4 Volumes)
- Recommended Glassware: Shaker Pint
- Malts: Pilsner, flaked wheat, golden naked oats
- Hops: Mandarina Bavaria
- Extras: Orange zest (added in whirlpool), passionfruit concentrate, pink guava juice, and pinneapple juice (all juices added in fermentation)
- Aroma: passionfruit, citrus, peach skin, fruit snacks, hint of banana
- Appearance: Yellowish orange. Hazy to the point of being completely opaque - looks like juice. Short-lived off-white heat.
- Flavour: Fruit notes of passionfruit, orange, guava, and pinneapple all melded together up front, followed by an intense sourness that follows through to the finish. Refreshing and not too complex. No hop bitterness present.
- Mouthfeel: Low body, though not thin. Medium-low carbonation still feels prickly on the tongue from the low pH.
- Overall Impression: A fruity, tropical, light and refreshing sour beer.