Origin Story 01: Kellerbier
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Our first release of 2022, and the first release in our new twelve-part lager series is an unfiltered German-style lager originating from potentially as far back as The Middle Ages. With a light copper body, this beer has notes of toasty malts and bread crusts as well as fruity & floral hops, all contributing to a sweet, mildly bitter finish!
Each label in this twelve-release series will contribute one-twelfth to a bigger picture that speaks to, and pokes fun at, meaning-making – the stories and myths we tell each other and ourselves in order to make sense of life, relationships and our place in the universe. Follow along with the label series, with a new release at the beginning of every month adding another piece to the puzzle!
- OG: 13.5 P
- IBU: 30
- SRM: 14
- Carbonation: 2.40 Volumes (Medium)
- Malts: Pale 2 Row, Vienna, Flaked Oats, Carahell
- Hops: Magnum, Hallertau Mittelfruh
- Yeast: W 34/70
- Appearance: Light copper with a medium haze, thin white head
- Aroma: Floral hops, mild sulfur, toasty malts, mild caramel, mild fruity notes
- Taste: Toasty malt, bread crusts, floral and fruity hops, mild sweetness
- Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a sweet finish and a very mild bitterness
- Overall: A fresh, hoppy unfiltered lager with toasty malt notes