Rube Goldberg was a cartoonist with a dream: to illustrate “deviously complex and impractical”machines that perform simple tasks. Years later, inventor Jason Vincent dreamt of building his very own Rube Goldberg machine. Meanwhile, Jason’s half-brother Steve also had a dream: to one day open a brewery. Today, each of their dreams have come true, thanks to the Rube Goldberg beer bottle-opening machine at Henderson Brewery in Toronto. It’ll open your beer bottle, but it sure ain’t simple! This award-winning Belgian tripel is a lovingly-crafted traditional Belgian ale. It takes a long time to make it right. We hope you’ll agree it’s worth the wait. This beer was originally brewed to be opened by our in-house Rube Goldberg machine (ask your server for more information!).
- OG: 19.5 P ABV: 8.5% IBU: 24 SRM: 5
- Malts: Belgian Pilsner, Carabelges, CaraFoam, Flaked Oats, Flaked Wheat, Dextrose
- Hops: Magnum, Celia, Mittlefruh
- Yeast: Belgian Abbey Ale
- Bottle/keg conditioned
- Aroma: Spice notes including clove and black pepper, hint of banana. Subtle malt-candy in the background
- Appearance: Gold, slightly clouding with a persistent ivory-colored head. Some lacin
- Taste: Malt candy sweetness upfront followed by spice notes balanced by slight alcohol warmth. Clove, pepper, and banana all present. Moderate hop bitterness clears the palate. Some complexity Finishes dry.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-high carbonation, medium body, slight creaminess. Refreshing.
- Overall Impression: A complex, high alcohol, yet refreshing Belgian ale.
- Ontario Brewing Awards 2017: Belgian Style Tripel
- Ontario Brewing Awards 2018: Belgian Style Tripel
- Canada Beer Cup 2022: Belgian Style Tripel