Brewed for Smorgasburg, the largest weekly open-air food market in America, Smorgasbeer is a crisp, light lagered blonde with herbal and floral notes of Meyer lemon & verbena. This is a beer designed to pair well with any food.
Smorgasburg has attracted thousands of people to Brooklyn, Manhattan, Jersey City, Los Angeles and has now expanded outside of the US with Smorgasburg Toronto. Beginning on July 23, Smorgasburg runs for eight Saturdays, from 11am-6pm, at Queen’s Quay.
The market is produced by Landon Logie, a Toronto event producer specializing in culinary events. Toronto food writer Suresh Doss (CBC Toronto, Toronto Star) is curating the food and drink program for Smorgasburg Toronto’s eight-week run. The event will also feature a full outdoor bar by Evelyn Chick Projects.
- OG: 11 P
- IBU: 18
- SRM: 8
- Carbonation: 2.40 Volumes (Medium)
- Malts: Pale Ale, Maris Otter, Melanoidin, Acidulated, Flaked Corn
- Hops: Magnum, Styrian Celeia
- Yeast: Cali Ale
- Appearance: Clear golden with a dense white head
- Aroma: Herbal grassiness, fresh lemon, minty, floral, caramel
- Taste: Lemon pith, herbal, floral, arrowroot cookies, mild sweetness, drying tannins, fruity
- Mouthfeel: Light bodied with a drying tannic finish
- Overall: A refreshing blonde ale with herbal and floral notes of lemon