Society of Beer Drinking Ladies Brew 0002
Vanilla Orchid Brown Ale 5%Buy now
- Style: English Brown Ale w/vanilla rooibos tea
- OG: 13 Plato
- IBU: 20
- SRM: 18
- Carbonation: 2.4 Volumes (medium-low)
- Malts: Pale, golden naked oats, medium crystal, double-roasted crystal, pale chocolate
- Hops: East Kent Goldings
- Yeast: Escarpment English Ale (same as Best)
- Extras: 1 g/L of teAlchemy vanilla orchid rooibos tea added directly to the FV after primary fermentation (like a dry hop)
- Aroma: Earthy tones with a dark cherry note in back with a whiff of vanilla
- Appearance: Light brown/tan with streaks of honey-coloured orange in the light. Hazy with short-lived white head.
- Taste: Oatmeal raisin cookies, cherry cola, with an earthy/herbaceous and somewhat spicy note and hint of vanilla on the finish. Slightly sweet with a small amount of balancing bitterness. Complex.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-high body with medium-low carbonation. Feels full on the palate without being cloying. Slight astringency in the finish drys the palate and encourages another sip.
- Overall Impression: An interesting, complex, fruity brown ale.