Take Care of Each Other
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
We teamed up with Gateway City to create this traditional style Roggenbier (“Rye Beer” in German).
While Roggenbier was a traditional style of ale in the Bavarian Middle Ages, it later faded into oblivion when the German Purity Law was created in 1516. Despite this infringement, the Roggenbier made a comeback in the late 1980s. Some rules are meant to be broken!
This 5.1% German ale pours a very hazy golden orange with a thick white head that creates a medium bodied creamy mouthfeel. Notes of banana, clove and rye spice make ‘Take Care of Each Other’ a treat for both the nose and the palate, while the finish leaves you with a perfect combination of both fruity and spicy hops.
- OG: 13.0
- IBU: 25
- SRM: 14
- Carbonation: 2.7 Volumes (High)
- Malts: Rye, Pilsner, Vienna, Flaked Rye
- Yeast: Escarpment Weizen I
- Appearance: Very hazy golden orange with a thick white head
- Aroma: Lots of banana esters with clove and rye spice underneath, toasty malt, herbal hops
- Taste: Sweet malt with banana and rye spice layered overtop, fruity and spicy hop notes finish out the palate with some lingering grainy notes
- Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a creamy mouthfeel, lively carbonation
- Overall impression: A fruity and spicy German ale with notes of rye and hops dancing with the banana esters