Barrel-aged American Barley Wine 12%
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
From 1953 to 1992, Torontonians were lucky to enough to enjoy the thrill of the downward plunge from the 19 metre peak of the CNE’s main “thriller” ride: The Flyer. Advertised as the “fastest roller coaster in the world,” The Flyer remains an indelibly-stamped summer memory from The Ex for each of the more than nine million passengers (26,000 per day) who hooted and hollered their way along its 800 metre track at speeds of up to 100 kph.
This rich, mahogany brown American barley wine – aged for six months in bourbon barrels, and replete with notes of dark fruit, chocolate, bourbon and vanilla – is our tribute to The Flyer,.
We hope you’ll agree that this beer is a memorable joy ride of its own.
- OG: 25 Plato*
- ABV: 12.5%
- IBU: 80
- SRM: 15
- Malts: CMC Pale, Vienna, Crystal 60, Acidulated
- Hops: Magnum, Simcoe, Centennial
- Yeast: California Ale (our house strain)
- Extras: Aged in bourbon barrels after The Beast 2019 for 5 months
- Aroma: Toffee, oak and a touch of vanilla laced with a warming alcohol nose in the background.
- Appearance: Light brown, streaked with rust. Almost opaque. Tan-coloured head with some lacing on the glass.
- Taste: Complex sweetness upfront of toffee, dark caramel, and hints of vanilla with some toast tones. The finish is long and enveloped in alcohol warmth.
- Mouthfeel: Chewy and rich mouthfeel. Low to medium carbonation. Finishes smooth and warming.
- Overall: Complex malty richness with alcohol warmth.