The Howling Beaver
Rye Golden Ale 5.5%
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
To celebrate this unique Canadian style, we paired one of Canada’s national animals with Canada’s favourite sport. (Did you know Canada’s other national animal is a Horse? But we just couldn’t do another horse beer this year). Howling like a wolf, this beaver is psyching himself up for a win against the Yodelling Polar Bears in order to meet the Wailing Moose in the finals next week. This golden ale has a piney and citric hop character, followed by a dry spicy bitter finish reminiscent of a white rye bread. It’s smooth with rich malt notes and refreshingly crushable.
- OG: 13.5
- IBU: 30
- SRM: 15
- Carbonation: 2.4 Volumes (Medium)
- Malts: 2-Row, Rye Malt, Honey Malt, Acidulated
- Hops: Magnum, Sasquatch, Cascade, Simcoe
- Yeast: English Ale I
- Appearance: Old gold, dense ivory head
- Aroma: Earthy, tea-like, orange peel, pine resin
- Taste: Orange, bread crust, caramel, black tea, spice notes
- Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a lingering aftertaste of pine and white rye bread
- Overall impression: A flavourful golden ale with a piney and citric hop character, followed by a dry spicy bitter finish reminiscent of a white rye bread.