The Myth of Permanence Lager Series 001: Märzen
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The first in a monthly series of limited-releases showcasing various lager styles and, of course, meditating on the transience of all things. Traditionally, märzens were brewed in March and cellared over the summer. The last of the bottles were consumed during Oktoberfest. This märzen features rich malt notes and enough hops to balance. You might want this beer to stick around forever, but it won’t.
- OG: 14.0
- IBU: 25
- SRM: 14
- Carbonation: 2.6 Volumes (Medium High)
- Malts: Vienna, Munich, Melanoidin
- Hops: Magnum, Hallertau Mittelfruh
- Yeast: Biergarten Lager
- Appearance: Orange copper, brilliant clarity, tan foam
- Aroma: Toasty bread crust, earthy hops, mild toffee, crackers
- Taste: Sweet malt, rich toasty notes, mild floral hops, just enough hop bitterness to balance the rich malt character
- Mouthfeel: Medium mouthfeel with rich malt presence, creamy finish with tingling carbonation cleansing the palate
- Overall impression: A Marzen with rich malt notes and enough hops to balance. Prost!