The Myth of Permanence Lager Series 004: urBock
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The fourth in a monthly series of limited-releases showcasing various lager styles and, of course, meditating on the transience of all things. For this month’s Myth of Permanence Lager, we partnered up Queen & Beaver Public House and their fledgling Q&B Pie Co. We’ve been selling their savoury pies out of our bottle shop, and this month, they made a pie featuring this beer.
This lager is a classic German urBock, copper in colour with aroma of bread, raisins, and dates. The 7.5% ABV is balanced by malt, toffee, and mild hoppy notes – perfect for a chilly January evening. There is only a limited quantity so, while you might want this beer to stick around forever, it won’t.
- OG: 17.5
- IBU: 25
- SRM: 21
- Carbonation: 2.40 Volumes (Medium)
- Malts: Pale 2 Row, Munich, Caramunich III, Caraaroma
- Hops: Magnum, Strisselspalt
- Yeast: Biergarten Lager
- Appearance: Copper coloured with a thin tan head
- Aroma: Rich bread crusts, toast, crackers, raisins and dates, floral and grassy hops, toffee
- Taste: More bread crusts, raisins, toffee, grassy hops and a mild anise note
- Mouthfeel: Full, rich malty body with light carbonation breaking through the sweet malt, semi sweet finish
- Overall impression: A rich malty lager with lots of bready notes.