Henderson Brewing is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic and hardworking person to join our growing team in production, filtering and packaging.
Henderson Brewing Co. is an award winning brewery located in the heart of Toronto. We combine great beer making with great stories about Toronto and our community. We believe in making innovative approachable beers that reflect the stories and culture of our great city.
You will be reporting to our Head Brewer.
The primary focus of this position, but not exclusively, is providing support to our brewing team through various cellaring and brewing activities. The position is extremely task driven and needs an individual who is able to multi-task and deal with the production team, suppliers and the Henderson team as a whole, with attention to detail being of the utmost importance. This role will touch all areas of the brewery from time to time; production, cellaring, inventory, packaging etc.
While this is a 40 hour/week role you understand the nature and requirements of the job may entail some flexibility.
- Quality assurance
- Assisting brewing team with brewing related issues, projects
- Troubleshooting equipment problems within the brewhouse
- Beer transfers – tank to tank
- Prep beers for packaging including ensuring proper carbonation
- DE Filtration of beers
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of brewhouse equipment and cellars
- Assisting other team members as needed – Packaging line, Brew house, etc
- Sanitizing of tanks, filter equipment, hoses, etc
- Proper handling of chemicals required for sanitization and cleaning of equipment
- Understanding and practicing all internal safety standards
Experience & Requirements
- Preferred min 2 years of Brewery Experience
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred Brewing Diploma/Degree
- Good troubleshooting skills, and strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A problem solver with attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
- Enjoys working under pressure and at a fast pace
- Experience handling chemicals with an emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing protocols
- Experience in a production environment preferred; experience with brewing an asset.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50-100 pounds
Henderson Brewing Company encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is dedicated to building a diverse workforce.
Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview. Thank you for your interest and taking the time to review this posting.
> A life-long learner and strong desire to continually expand ones knowledge in all aspects of beermaking and packaging.
> 1 or more years’ work experience in a brewery / brewpub environment preferred
> Formal brewing education an asset. Degree in the Sciences or Engineering is also preferred.
> Capability of physically lifting 25kg bags and driving a forklift
> Multi-tasking and ability to following instructions set forth by brewery management team
> Absolute dedication to quality and consistency
– Sensory training and experience is a plus
– Strong microbiology skills are desired
> Hardworking and dedicated to the beer
> Time management, problem solving, attention to detail, organization
> Strong communication is a must
> Ability to perform minor maintenance on equipment and assist maintenance department with major repairs
> Adherence to all human resources and health and safety policies
> Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. Capable and willing to work shifts that may include days, afternoons, nights and/or weekends)
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject header BREWER. Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview. Thank you for your interest and taking the time to review this posting.